Kendal College include work experience placements as part of our study programmes. Student placements are tailored to suit students’ existing qualifications and career aspirations and need to be for a minimum of 35 hours, which can be over one-week placements or seperated over 5 consequtive weeks.
Kendal College works closely with local employers of all kinds to provide work experience programmes, to offer our students a valuable insight into the world of work and support their studies.
The benefits to employers:
- No cost
- The opportunity to gain a free pair of hands when it suits you best
- Additional skills to support your workforce
- An engaged workforce - Providing work experience sends a positive message to the wider workforce about the values of the organisation
- Excellent support for the local community
- Share your skills and expertise with young people
- Young people bring new and current ideas
- Staff development - Supervising and coaching young people on work experience offers an excellent opportunity to develop employees’ management capabilities
If you are able to offer meaningful work placements at your organisation we would be interested in hearing from you. Please contact:
Work Experience Coordinator
T: 01539 814748