Employ an Apprentice
As the largest training provider in South Lakeland, and the only college in Cumbria judged Outstanding by Ofsted, Kendal College has helped thousands of people complete apprenticeships and progress on to become an important part of the workforce.
The training for 16-18 year olds is free and if you employ less than 1000 staff you may qualify for a £1,500 grant, from the National Apprenticeship Service, to help you take on your first apprentice as long as they are aged between 16 and 24.
Apprenticeships are available from level 2 right up to degree level; the Apprenticeship normally taking one or two years to complete and the Advanced Apprenticeship normally taking two years to complete.
What does the Apprenticeship involve?
- You should normally employ an apprentice for a minimum of 30 hours per week with training in both the work place and at college - you can either hire a new employee as an apprentice or start an existing employee on an apprenticeship in a new job role
- Your apprentices may attend college on a regular basis, usually weekly, with some courses requiring attendance at college for a full day. Alternatively, they may complete all of their study in the workplace.
- Apprentices will work towards a National Vocational Qualification, English and maths skills and Technical Certificates (where applicable)
- Apprentices may also have the opportunity to gain additional qualifications relevant to their employment
- Apprentices receive regular monitoring, support and assessment throughout your programme of learning
Apprenticeships are open to anyone aged 16 and over (17 for health and social care programmes). We can help with the recruitment of your apprentice.
Don’t want the full framework?
An NVQ only route is available as an option for those who do not wish to study the full apprenticeship framework.
Kendal College offers apprenticeships and training in:
- Beauty Therapy
- Business Administration
- Carpentry & Joinery Bench/Site
- Children & Young People’s Workforce
- Creative & Media
- Cultural Heritage
- Customer Services
- Electrical Installation
- Health & Social Care
- Learning Disabilities
- Hospitality & Catering
- Supervision and Leadership
- Professional Cookery
- Kitchen & Larder/Patisserie
- Food and Beverage Service
- Hospitality Services
- Front Office
- Customer Service
- Retail Operations
- Maintenance Operations
- Nail Services
- Instructing Exercise & Fitness or Personal Training
- IT Users / IT Professional
- Licensed Hospitality
- Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair
- Plumbing & Heating
- Social Media for Business
- Spa Therapy
- Sport & Outdoor Adventure
- Activity Leadership or Outdoor Programmes
- Instructing Exercise
- Fitness or Personal Training
- Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools
- Team Leading
For more information contact 01539 814700.
- In Employers
- About Kendal College Business
- Employ an Apprentice
- Employ a trainee
- Work Placements
- Venue & Conference Room Hire
- Contact Us
- Enrol onto a Course
- Funded training for your business