Team Leading, Level 2 Apprenticeship
The BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Team Leading (QCF) is for learners who work in, or who want to work in the business and professional management sector.
It gives learners the opportunity to:
- Develop and demonstrate competence as a Team Leader, Section Leader, Floor Leader, Trainee Supervisor, Call Centre Team Manager or Supervisor.
- Develop and demonstrate the skills and knowledge to develop the core competencies of the roles above, including team leadership styles, team dynamics, problem solving, providing support, managing the work of teams and communication techniques.
- Develop personal growth and engagement in learning through the development of personal, learning and thinking skills (PLTS).
- Have existing skills recognised.
- Achieve a nationally-recognised Level 2 qualification.
What will I learn?
Apprenticeships allow you to gain qualifications whilst working.
Within the course you will learn a variety of skills and knowledge including -
- Manage Personal Performance and Development
- Communicate Work-Related Information
- Lead and Manage a Team
- Principles of Team Leading
- Understand Business
- Develop Working Relationships with Colleagues
- Manage Conflict with a Team
- Manage Team Performance
- Health and Safety Procedures in the Workplace
- Deliver Customer Service
- Store and Retrieve Information
Functional skills in Maths, ICT and English would be completed if required. These are the essential and highly valued skills that we use in our everyday lives, both at work and at home, that allow you to contribute more effectively to the business you work in and achieve your full potential.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed by portfolio, some units via exam, and observations in the workplace. You will build a portfolio of evidence relating to your job. Your Tutor and Assessor will continually assess your work; this will ensure that you meet the necessary standards to achieve the Apprenticeship.
Functional skills and will be assessed via exams.
As part of the apprenticeship framework, reviews are completed every 12 weeks by the assessor where progress is discussed by the apprentice, assessor and employer.
This course provides an excellent introduction to Team Leading, giving you the skills and knowledge which can link to a variety of industries and job roles, and can thus assist career progression.
Progression onto the level 3 apprenticeship in Management.
You must be employed for a minimum of 30 hours a week in the professional area that your Apprenticeship is in. Looking for Employment? See below for what to do next…
- Apply for this apprenticeship. We can then support you to find employment and prepare your job application.
- Register your details with the National Apprenticeship Matching Service (NAS) and search online for vacancies at www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship
- Check the College’s website page regularly (sometimes employers only want to recruit locally and so they advertise on our website and not the NAS website): www.kendal.ac.uk/apprenticeships/apprentice/
- Make sure your CV is up to date and is relevant to the job industry you are applying to.
Please note: If you are an adult student you may be entitled to financial support to cover the cost of your course, dependent on your circumstances. Please contact Student Services on email@example.com for details. More about Student Finance.