Salon Management, Level 4 Diploma
- Call Student Services on 01539 814700 for information.
- 09:00 - 16:00
The VTCT Level 4 Diploma in Salon Management (QCF) is an advanced qualification and includes all the required elements to work effectively as a salon manager. This qualification will allow you to develop both management and technical skills required for the role of hair and beauty salon manager.
This qualification is suitable for hairdressers, barbers, beauty therapists and nail technicians.
You will work alongside enthusiastic and experienced staff and use up-to-date facilities and equipment.
This course will develop your customer care, retailing and team working skills. You will learn how to handle money, multi-task and use your own initiative.
This course usually takes place over 3 days for full time learners or 1 day if you already work in a salon.
What will I learn?
There are five mandatory units in this qualification, including:
* Management of health, safety and security in the salon
* Quality management of client care in the hair and beauty sector
* Sales management in the hair and beauty sector
* Public relations in the hair and beauty sector
* Salon management
You will also have the opportunity to further develop your knowledge, understanding and skills by studying a range of optional units including:
* Advanced epilation techniques
* Laser and light treatments (IPL)
* Hair colour correction
* Manage the creation of a hair style collection
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will be via:
- Portfolio of Evidence
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment
- Written Examination
This is an assessment-based programme and although you will have the time on the course for tutor supported learning, you must be prepared to allocate some of your own time for revision and to complete assignments.
This course can help you to progress your career to salon management or to start your own business.
You are expected to hold a Level 3 qualification in a relevant discipline, or significant industry experience prior to undertaking this qualification.
All students interested in this course should contact the course tutor prior to enrolment: Angela Clee:
Please note: If you are an adult student you may be entitled to financial support to cover the cost of your course, dependent on your circumstances. Please contact Student Services on email@example.com for details. Fees will be confirmed in the Spring Term. More about Student Finance.
Enquire about Salon Management, Level 4 Diploma
Also in Hairdressing, Beauty and Integrated Therapies
- → Barbering, Level 2 Certificate
- → Barbering, Level 2 NVQ Diploma
- → Barbering, Level 3 Diploma
- → Hairdressing, Level 2 Certificate
- → Hairdressing, Level 2 NVQ