Safe Use of Wood Machinery
- Call Student Services on 01539 814700 for information.
- 09:00 - 15:00
This is suitable for those studying to work in the carpentry and joinery or furniture industry or for those already employed within these industries and who wish to update their knowledge and skills in line with current Health & Safety legislation. It is also suitable for companies who use wood machinery to bring their employees up to date with safe working practices.
What will I learn?
You will learn about the current health and safety legislation requirements for the safe use of wood working machinery as well as how to use various wood machinery safely with regard to setting up, checking tooling, maintenance of machinery and correct use of machinery.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will be by a mixture of multiple choice questions and a series of practical assessments on each individual machine.
Studying this course can open up opportunities to work within the construction or furniture making sector or progression onto further courses. It also offers companies and/or individuals relevant Continual Professional Development.
You will need to speak to a course tutor before enrolment.
Please contact Steve Wilson, Course Tutor: email@example.com
Enquire about Safe Use of Wood Machinery
Also in Construction
- → Construction and the Built Environment, Level 3 Diploma
- → Furniture Design & Making, Level 3 Diploma
- → In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (PAT), Level 3 Award
- → Periodic Inspection Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations, Level 3 Award
- → Requirements for Electrical Installation BS7671:June 2008 (2011) (QCF), Level 3 Award