Retail, Level 2 Apprenticeship
- Course end date:
- 07 Aug 2019
These qualifications give learners the opportunity to:
- develop and demonstrate competence in the job roles such as sales assistant, retail merchandiser, sales advisors and stockroom assistant
- develop wider work-related knowledge such as customer services, sales, quality and stock control, and payment handling
- develop and demonstrate a range of skills and behaviours that supports competency in the job roles stated above, such as: communication skills, team working, numeracy and Information Technology literacy
- develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning through the development of personal, learning and thinking skills (PLTS)
- have existing skills recognised
- achieve a nationally-recognised Level 2 qualification
What will I learn?
It is a flexible qualification, which can be tailored to meet the requirements of individual job roles and gives the learner an opportunity to:
- broaden the depth and breadth of their learning covering concepts specific to their roles and requirements such as merchandising, bakery, visual displays and working within the multichannel retail environment.
- provide the opportunity to understand the process of dealing with returned goods and materials, helping customers choose goods, understand the process for payments.
How will I be assessed?
All takes place within the workplace. Flexible delivery and assessment to meet the needs of the student and employer.
On-the-job training presents an excellent opportunity to develop the learner’s routine expertise, resourcefulness, craft and business-like attitude.
Using an holistic approach to assessment we can match evidence to different assessment criteria, learning outcomes and units as appropriate, thereby reducing the assessment burden on learners and assessors.
Discussing and agreeing with learners and employers suitable times, dates and work areas where assessment will take place. Learners and employers will be given regular and relevant feedback on performance and progress.
To achieve a pass for the full qualifications, the learner must achieve all the units required in the stated qualification structures.
As part of the apprenticeship framework, reviews are completed every 12 weeks by the assessor where progress is discussed by the apprentice, assessor and employer.
Career in retail leading to senior management positions in retail operations, visual merchandising and displays and management. Opportunity to progress to level 3 retail if the learner is in a supervisory position.
No prior knowledge, understanding, skills or qualifications are required before learners register for these qualifications.
You will need to be employed in a retail environment to complete this apprenticeship.
Looking for Employment? See below for what to do next…
- Apply for this apprenticeship. We can then support you to find employment and prepare your job application.
- Register your details with the National Apprenticeship Matching Service (NAS) and search online for vacancies at www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship
- Check the College’s website page regularly (sometimes employers only want to recruit locally and so they advertise on our website and not the NAS website): www.kendal.ac.uk/apprenticeships/apprentice/
- Make sure your CV is up to date and is relevant to the job industry you are applying to.
Please note: If you are an adult student you may be entitled to financial support to cover the cost of your course, dependent on your circumstances. Please contact Student Services on firstname.lastname@example.org for details. More about Student Finance.
Apply for Retail, Level 2 Apprenticeship
Also in Hospitality and Catering
- → Food Safety for Catering (CIEH), Level 2 Award
- → Bakery Diploma, Level 2
- → Bakery Diploma, Level 3
- → Professional Cookery, Level 2 Apprenticeship
- → Professional Cookery, Level 3 Apprenticeship
Also in Business
- → Emergency First Aid at Work
- → Health & Safety in the Workplace, CIEH Award
- → Local Knowledge Test
- → Business, Level 3 Apprenticeship
- → Business, Level 2 Apprenticeship