- Course start date:
- 03 May 2017
- Course end date:
- 14 Jun 2017
- 18:00 - 21:00
This 6-week course is designed to introduce you to basic printmaking techniques such as mono printing, dry point etching and lino printing and will be taught in a specialist print studio. During the course you will be introduced to the materials, tools and equipment needed and will be given demonstrations and technical support from the tutor. You will create a collection of prints using a variety of printing methods and be encouraged to be experimental and explore different surfaces and embellishments.
What will I learn?
The course will enable you to develop:
- An understanding of the basic techniques and processes used to create a mono print/ dry point etching plate and print/ lino plate and print.
- An understanding of the equipment and tools used in the print making process.
How will I be assessed?
This course has no formal assessment, although detailed feedback will be given to you as part of the process. You can request a Kendal College certificate of attendance if you would like one upon completion of the programme.
Courses that you may like to progress onto include:
- Saturday Craft Club
- Full time Level 2 or 3 Art and Design Programmes
- Full time Foundation (Level 3/4) Art and Design
No previous experience is needed.
Enquire about Printmaking
Also in Art & Design
- → Illustration, An Introduction (Traditional & Digital) - So you want to draw?
- → Jewellery Making for Beginners
- → Learn Acrylic Painting
- → Learn Watercolour Painting
- → Life Drawing Next Steps