Principles of Leadership and Management, Level 4 Certificate
- Call Student Services on 01539 814700 for information.
- 13:00 - 17:00
The Level 4 Certificate and Diploma in Principles of Leadership and Management are designed to develop aspiring middle managers and first line managers. Learners build core skills in middle management and can access a wide range of optional study areas to help them gain specific management skills to suit their needs. The Diploma also forms part of the ILM Level 4 Management Apprenticeship.
The start date is TBC. Please contact us for information.
What will I learn?
The core of each qualification builds up the key leadership and management knowledge needed by today’s middle managers. The shorter Certificate contains two mandatory units looking at fully understanding the management role and how to lead a complex team activity. The Diploma contains four mandatory units building additional skills in personal development, change management and relationship development in the workplace. Both qualifications benefit from a wide selection of optional units to build management skills in variety of areas such as managing risk, planning and allocating work or managing improvement.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will be through assignments and there may be exams.
Benefits for students include:
- Gain the knowledge to support your middle management role
- Take control of your personal development
- Understand change in the workplace
- Build positive and productive relationships at work
- Get a nationally recognised qualification.
Benefits for employers include:
- Motivated middle managers with proven ability to perform
- Managers who can assess and improve their development
- Better communication and collaboration in teams
- Flexible choice of units - customise the qualification to suit your organisation
Relevant experience with qualifications at level 3 in Leadership and Management.
All students interested in this course should contact the Programme Leader prior to enrolment:
Programme Leader: Zaeed Mohammed
Please note: If you are an adult student you may be entitled to financial support to cover the cost of your course, dependent on your circumstances. Please contact Student Services on firstname.lastname@example.org for details. More about Student Finance.