Plumbing, Level 1
- Course start date:
- 04 Sep 2017
- Course end date:
- 29 Jun 2018
This course is designed to equip you with the practical and industry skills required for a careers as a Plumber.
During the course you will working in the fully-equipped workshops, covering the theory behind trades as well as practical skills.
Following successful completion of the course and subject to entry requirements, you should be able to progress and specialise in the trade of your choice on a course at a higher level.
All of our learners will be given support with their English and Maths skills where relevant to their main programme. Those students who have not yet achieved a ‘C’ grade at GCSE in these subjects will continue to work towards these important qualifications at a level suited to them.
This course will be part of a wider study programme, which may also include english & maths, work placement and additional studies.
What will I learn?
This qualification is a stepping stone for learners who are interested in the plumbing and heating industry.
It allows the learner to develop practical skills such as:
- Bending copper pipe and jointing skills,
- Plastic tube and fittings, steel pipe and fittings
- Hand and power tools, clipping and bracketing
- Lifting floor surfaces, cutting out timber and brickwork, tiling
- Installing bathroom appliances, radiator’s etc
- Maintenance of taps and valves
How will I be assessed?
Continual assessment of both theoretical and practical work - assessment is based on candidates showing what they can do.
Practical assessment is a portfolio of assessment projects that need completing. These use a range of materials including copper, steel, sheet lead and plastics.
All exams are online multiple choice questions.
This course can lead to progression on to a level 2 programme or Apprenticeship.
Two GCSEs (E-G), including English Language or Maths.
Please note: If you are an adult student you may be entitled to financial support to cover the cost of your course, dependent on your circumstances. Please contact Student Services on email@example.com for details. More about Student Finance.
Apply for Plumbing, Level 1
Also in Construction
- → Construction and the Built Environment, Level 3 Diploma
- → Furniture Design & Making, Level 3 Diploma
- → In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (PAT), Level 3 Award
- → Periodic Inspection Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations, Level 3 Award
- → Requirements for Electrical Installation BS7671:June 2008 (2011) (QCF), Level 3 Award