Mathematics Functional Skills, Level 2
- Call Student Services on 01539 814700 for information.
- 11:30 - 14:30
All students are able to undertake Functional Skills at a level appropriate to them. Levels available are Entry 1, 2, 3, Level 1, Level 2.
You will work on your own and in small groups within a relaxed and supportive atmosphere. A wide range of materials will be used and related as much as possible to your life experience.
What will I learn?
You will revise and develop your reading and writing skills, including spelling, grammar and punctuation and apply them to a variety of everyday situations, including:
- Filling in forms
- Writing enquiry and complaint letters and emails
- Writing articles
- CV writing
- Reading for understanding
- Speaking and listening skills, including presentations
You will develop maths skills including:
- Using a calculator efficiently
- Ways to multiply
- Charts and graphs
- Metric measures
How will I be assessed?
On-line assessment, paper based or on-line tests at an appropriate level.
The workshops will develop your employability and transferable skills, which will be useful for all career paths.
An initial assessment will be completed in the first few weeks of the course to establish the level you are working at.
All students interested in this course should contact the course tutors prior to enrolment.
English Functional Skills: Jane.Harrison@kendal.ac.uk
Maths Functional Skills: Sarah.Anderson@kendal.ac.uk
Please note: If you are an adult student you may be entitled to financial support to cover the cost of your course, dependent on your circumstances. Please contact Student Services on firstname.lastname@example.org for details. More about Student Finance.
Enquire about Mathematics Functional Skills, Level 2
Also in English & Maths
- → English Functional Skills, Entry 1
- → English Functional Skills, Entry 2
- → English Functional Skills, Entry 3
- → English Functional Skills, Level 1
- → English Functional Skills, Level 2