Massage Therapy, Level 3 Diploma
- Call Student Services on 01539 814700 for information.
- 09:00 - 16:00
This course will give you the qualifications and experience necessary to enter the field of massage therapy and go on to work in beauty salons, spas, as a sales representative, on cruise ships, in health centres, or even start your own business.
You will learn in a variety of situations including, theory classes, practical workshops and public salons, which are well equipped to prepare you for industry.
This range of experience is designed to help you gain confidence, independence and professional awareness.
What will I learn?
During the course you will study a number of units including:
- Body Massage
- Indian Head Massage
- Stone Massage
- Pre Blended Aromatherapy
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Explore the origins of massage and principles of complementary and alternative medicine.
- Maintaining personal health and wellbeing.
- Client care and communication in beauty related industries
- Monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the salon
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will be via:
- A Portfolio of Evidence
- Practical Demonstrations and Assignments
- A Written Examination
This is an assessment-based programme and although you will have the time on the course for tutor supported learning, you must be prepared to allocate some of your own time for revision and to complete assignments.
This course will enable you to progress onto a career as a beauty-therapist.
You will gain the qualifications and experience necessary to enter the field of Beauty Therapy either locally or further afield.
You could work within the industry in a number of areas, such as:
- Beauty salons
- Health farms
- Sales representatives
- Cruise ships
- Health centres
- Self employed - setting up your own business
Progression opportunities to Higher Education include the Level 4 Salon Management or Management roles.
Beauty Therapy NVQ Level 2 or equivalent, plus you must show interest and motivation with a keenness to learn.
All students interested in this course should contact the course tutor prior to enrolment: Angela Clee:
Please note: If you are an adult student you may be entitled to financial support to cover the cost of your course, dependent on your circumstances. Please contact Student Services on email@example.com for details. More about Student Finance.
Enquire about Massage Therapy, Level 3 Diploma
Also in Hairdressing, Beauty and Integrated Therapies
- → Barbering, Level 2 Certificate
- → Barbering, Level 2 NVQ Diploma
- → Barbering, Level 3 Diploma
- → Hairdressing, Level 2 Certificate
- → Hairdressing, Level 2 NVQ