Life Drawing Next Steps
- Course start date:
- 24 Apr 2017
- Course end date:
- 12 Jun 2017
- 19:00 - 21:00
This course is for creative individuals who are seeking to improve their technical skills and be guided in the process of observation by an experienced artist.
Through practical workshops using a life model you will be encouraged to explore a range of approaches and challenged to develop your observational studies using media and techniques. Throughout the course, students will look to a range of contemporary and historical artists, to develop understanding of a variety of methods and styles. These will also serve as a starting point for the application of more experimental methods of drawing.
Students will be able to explore their own style of working, but will be encouraged to develop experimental approaches to extend their work further.
The course structure will include expressive workshops, life drawing, talks, one-to-one tuition and group working.
What will I learn?
The course will enable the candidate to develop:
- An understanding of the techniques and process used for drawing.
- An understanding of experimental drawing techniques.
- An appreciation of historical and contemporary artists.
How will I be assessed?
This course has no formal assessment, although detailed feedback will be given to you as part of the process. You can request a Kendal College certificate of attendance if you would like one upon completion of the programme.
Courses that you may like to progress onto include:
- Learn Watercolour Painting
- Learn Acrylic Painting
- Print Making - Saturday Craft Club
- Full time L2 or 3 Art and Design
There are no specific entry requirements. Some experience of artistic work is needed.
Enquire about Life Drawing Next Steps
Also in Art & Design
- → Illustration, An Introduction (Traditional & Digital) - So you want to draw?
- → Jewellery Making for Beginners
- → Learn Acrylic Painting
- → Learn Watercolour Painting
- → Life Drawing Next Steps