Level 1 Certificate in Multitrade Construction Activities
- Call Student Services on 01539 814700 for information.
- 18:00 - 21:00
This qualification provides the ideal introduction to the construction industry and cover essential skills in the following construction trades: bricklaying, carpentry and joinery, plastering, painting and decorating, construction operations, wall and floor tiling, electrical and plumbing.
What will I learn?
You’ll learn in the classroom and in the workshop, using suitable tools and materials.
Things covered will include:
* An introduction to the construction industry
* Constructing half brick walling
* Constructing different wood working joints
* Basic plumbing techniques
This qualification is the perfect opportunity to develop practical skills needed by some employers in the industry, whilst giving you a taster of a variety of trades before choosing to progress into further learning in a specific trade
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will include:
- A multiple choice question paper, covering knowledge outcomes.
- A practical assignment, covering performance outcomes.
Assessments are set by the awarding body, delivered and marked by the tutor/assessor, and will be externally verified by the awarding body to make sure they are properly carried out.
The primary aim of this qualification is to help prepare you to progress into further learning and training in the construction sector. You may take the qualification as part of a pre-apprenticeship programme, a traineeship, or you may take it alongside the CSCS Green Card for Labourers qualifications, to help you gain opportunities to work on site as a labourer. Once you have studied the qualification, you should be in a position to decide which construction trade area you would like to specialise in.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification however, an interest in the construction industry along with some previous practical experience will be beneficial.
Please note: If you are an adult student you may be entitled to financial support to cover the cost of your course, dependent on your circumstances. Please contact Student Services on firstname.lastname@example.org for details. More about Student Finance.
Enquire about Level 1 Certificate in Multitrade Construction Activities
Also in Construction
- → Construction and the Built Environment, Level 3 Diploma
- → Furniture Design & Making, Level 3 Diploma
- → In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (PAT), Level 3 Award
- → Periodic Inspection Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations, Level 3 Award
- → Requirements for Electrical Installation BS7671:June 2008 (2011) (QCF), Level 3 Award