Learn to Edit Video (Adobe Premier, Pinnacle etc.)
- Course start date:
- 06 Mar 2017
- Course end date:
- 08 May 2017
- 18:00 - 21:00
In this creative and technical class, students will learn the fundamentals of film and video editing using Adobe Creative Suite. From basic assemblies to more complex techniques, the class will look at the history and development of editing.
The course will be taught through a combination of lectures, class discussions, video essays, film clips, and demonstrations. Most of the sessions will consist of practical editing.
The course will taught by Simon Sylvester, one of the college’s film production lecturers. Following a career in television, Simon worked as a magazine editor and writer before setting up a small production company making films for local businesses.
What will I learn?
Over the duration of the course, sessions will address:
- The basics of Adobe Premiere Pro
- File management and organisation
- The image chain from capture to final export
- The history of editing in film
- Assembly techniques and tools
- Multi-camera editing techniques
- Colour grading
- Keyframes and effects
- Graphics and titles
- Music, dialogue and sound effects
- Visual storytelling
- Collaborative working
-Film terminology and copyright
How will I be assessed?
This course has no formal assessment, although detailed feedback will be given to you as part of the process. You can request a Kendal College certificate of attendance if you would like one upon completion of the programme.
Other courses you may be interested in include:
- Create a Website for Business
- Level 3 Film Production
- Film & Photography(Creative Media) HNC/HND
The course is aimed at beginners who wish to expand and develop their video skills. A basic level of IT literacy is necessary. Learners will keep a blog recording their progress. It would be helpful if learners had their own headphones.
Enquire about Learn to Edit Video (Adobe Premier, Pinnacle etc.)
Also in Art & Design
- → Illustration, An Introduction (Traditional & Digital) - So you want to draw?
- → Jewellery Making (Advanced)
- → Jewellery Making for Beginners
- → Learn Acrylic Painting
- → Learn Watercolour Painting