Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes & Practice, Certificate
Call Student Services on 01539 814700 for information.
This award is for practitioners who conduct internal quality assurance of the assessment process from within a centre/organisation, by sample planning, monitoring and advising on the practice of assessors.
This is a short course studied part-time. The duration of this course is 6 months and delivery will be through a combination of group delivery and 1:1 tutorials.
This course may run at various times throughout the year, please contact us for more information.
You will have to complete all 2 units to get your qualification:
Unit 4: Understanding the Principles and Practices of Internally Assuring the Quality of Assessment
Unit 402 Internally Assure the Quality of Assessment
- Be able to plan the internal quality assurance of assessment
- Be able to internally evaluate the quality of assessment
- Be able to internally maintain and improve the quality of assessment
- Be able to manage information relevant to the internal quality assurance of assessment
- Be able to maintain legal and good practice requirements when internally monitoring and maintaining the quality of assessment
Unit 403 Plan, Allocate and Monitor Work in Own Area of Responsibility
- Be able to produce a work plan for own area of responsibility
- Be able to allocate and agree responsibilities with team members.
- Be able to monitor the progress and quality of work in own area of responsibility and provide feedback.
- Be able to review and amend plans of work for own area of responsibility and communicate changes.
Unit 5: Internally Assure the Quality of Assessment
This qualification has been designed to encourage progression. For example, candidates who have completed the Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice may progress to further learning by undertaking the Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice.
Applications must be at least 19 years old and have gained the relevant vocational qualification in the area that they will be quality assuring and/or have demonstrated occupational competence acceptable to your internal quality assurer. Applicants must hold one of the following qualifications or their recognised equivalent:
The Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment or
The Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement, or
A1 Assess candidate performance using a range of methods, or
D32 Assess candidate performance and D33 Assess candidates using differing sources of evidence
Candidates must show current evidence of continuing professional development in assessment and learning and development.
Applicants must be able to show evidence of monitoring a minimum of two assessors, each with a minimum of two candidates of their own.
All students interested in this course should contact the course tutor, Kirsty Reid, prior to enrolment:
Please note: If you are an adult student you may be entitled to financial support to cover the cost of your course, dependent on your circumstances. Please contact Student Services on firstname.lastname@example.org for details. More about Student Finance.