IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals, Level 3 Apprenticeship
The Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence is aimed at those learners who are already working as a System Support Technician, a Systems Analyst Web Designer or Software Developer.
This qualification comprises two mandatory units and a wide range of optional units selected to meet national occupational standards designed to accredit the knowledge and understanding of practitioners in the IT industry.
On completion of this qualification, learners may progress into employment, higher education or onto higher level qualifications.
What will I learn?
The Level 3 ICT Professional Apprenticeship consists of the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
- Level 3 Certificate in ICT Systems and Principles
Examples of units of study include:
- Health and Safety in IT
- Develop own effectiveness and professionalism
- Customer care in ICT
- Technical fault diagnosis
- Working with ICT hardware and equipment
- Testing ICT systems
- Software installation and upgrade
- Designing and developing a website
How will I be assessed?
Candidates will be assessed by several different assessment methods during their course. Assessment methods will vary depending on the unit. Candidates will store their course work in an e-portfolio; this evidence will consist of screen shots, photographs, videos, reflective accounts, assessor observations, records of professional discussions or questioning. Some units may be assessed by assignments or on-line multiple choice tests.
As part of the apprenticeship framework, reviews are completed every 12 weeks by the assessor where progress is discussed by the apprentice, assessor and employer.
The qualifications that make up the Apprenticeship Framework prepare the individual for a role in any of the following areas of work
- Software & Web Development
- Technical Support
- IT Project Management
- Database Administrators
- Network Managers
Ideally candidates will have completed the L2 Intermediate Apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals or similar. Candidates should have 5 GCSEs at grade A*-C including English and Maths OR a Level 2 related qualification. Relevant work experience will also be considered.
You must be employed for a minimum of 30 hours a week in the professional area that your Apprenticeship is in (if you are looking for employment see below for information).
Entry criteria will be applied at the discretion of the course leader.
Looking for employment?
- Apply for this apprenticeship. We can then support you to find employment and prepare your job application.
- Register your details with the National Apprenticeship Matching Service (NAS) and search online for vacancies at
- Check the College’s website page regularly (sometimes employers only want to recruit locally and so they advertise on our website and not on NAS website): www.kendal.ac.uk/apprenticeships/apprentice/
- Make sure your CV is up to date and is relevant to the job industry you are applying to.
Apply for IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals, Level 3 Apprenticeship
Also in Computing, IT & Software Development
- → Information Technology, Level 2
- → Digital Games (Creative Media), Level 3
- → Computer Science, AS-Level
- → IT (Software Development), Level 3
- → IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals, Level 2 Apprenticeship