IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals, Level 2 Apprenticeship
This Apprenticeship programme is designed for both existing staff and new entrants in the IT & Telecoms sector.
The qualifications that makes up the Apprenticeship Framework will provide underpinning knowledge and recognise skills in systems support, software development and telecommunications.
What will I learn?
The Level 2 ICT Professional Apprenticeship consists of the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
- Level 2 Award in ICT Systems and Principles
Units of study include
- Health and Safety in IT
- Develop own effectiveness and professionalism
- Customer care in ICT
- Technical fault diagnosis
- Working with ICT hardware and equipment
- Testing ICT systems
- Using the internet
- Computer games development
- Creating a procedural computer program
- Creating an object-orientated computer program
- Creating an event-driven computer program
- Designing and developing event-driven computer programs
- Software installation and upgrade
- Designing and developing a website
How will I be assessed?
Candidates will be assessed by several different assessment methods during their course. Assessment methods will vary depending on the unit. Candidates will store their course work in an e-portfolio; this evidence will consist of screen shots, photographs, reflective accounts, assessor observations, records of professional discussions or questioning. Some units may be assessed by assignments or on-line multiple choice tests.
As part of the apprenticeship framework, reviews are completed every 12 weeks by the assessor where progress is discussed by the apprentice, assessor and employer.
The qualifications that make up the Apprenticeship Framework prepare the individual for a role in any of the following areas of work:
- Software & Web Development
- Technical Support
- IT Project Management
- Database Administrators
- Network Managers
Candidates should have 5 GCSEs at grade A*-C including English and Maths
OR a Level 2 related qualification. You must be employed for a minimum of 30 hours a week in the professional area that your Apprenticeship is in (if you are looking for employment see below for information).
Relevant work experience will also be considered.
Entry criteria will be applied at the discretion of the course leader.
Looking for employment?
- Apply for this apprenticeship. We can then support you to find employment and prepare your job application.
- Register your details with the National Apprenticeship Matching Service (NAS) and search online for vacancies at
- Check the College’s website page regularly (sometimes employers only want to recruit locally and so they advertise on our website and not on NAS website): www.kendal.ac.uk/apprenticeships/apprentice/
- Make sure your CV is up to date and is relevant to the job industry you are applying to.
Apply for IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals, Level 2 Apprenticeship
Also in Computing, IT & Software Development
- → Information Technology, Level 2
- → Digital Games (Creative Media), Level 3
- → Computer Science, AS-Level
- → Computing, Level 3
- → IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals, Level 3 Apprenticeship