In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (PAT), Level 3 Award
- Call Student Services on 01539 814700 for information.
- 18:00 - 21:00
This qualification is aimed at those with administrative responsibilities for the maintenance of electrical equipment and for those undertaking practical inspection and testing of electrical equipment. It also allows those with an administrative responsibility for the testing and inspection of electrical equipment to gain a qualification suitable to their job role.
This will allow candidates to learn, develop and practise the skills required to test portable electrical appliances with the Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment. If already employed as an Electrician, it will add to the skills portfolio and help to progress in the industry.
What will I learn?
The application of knowledge involved with the periodic inspection and testing of electrical installations. The qualification consists of one unit, covering safe isolation, condition reporting requirements, periodic inspection, testing interpreting test results and certification.
How will I be assessed?
- successfully complete one online multiple choice test for each mandatory unit
- successfully complete one practical test
This qualification will allow candidates to progress into employment or further qualifications such as:
- Level 3 Award in the Requirements of Electrical Installations BS 7671
- Level 3 Award in the Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations
- Level 3 Award in the Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations
It is expected that candidates attempting this course should be familiar with electrical systems and hazards of electricity in order to satisfactorily complete the qualification.
City & Guilds cannot accept any registrations for candidates under 18 as this qualification is not approved for under 18s.
Enquire about In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (PAT), Level 3 Award
Also in Construction
- → Construction and the Built Environment, Level 3 Diploma
- → Furniture Design & Making, Level 3 Diploma
- → Periodic Inspection Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations, Level 3 Award
- → Requirements for Electrical Installation BS7671:June 2008 (2011) (QCF), Level 3 Award
- → Bricklaying, Level 1 Award (Spring Sale)