HNC/HND Mechanical Engineering
- Courses starting September. Call 01539 814700 for details.
- 09:30 - 16:00
Professional engineers are at the forefront of developing new ideas in an ever changing world and are highly valued within industry. They form the backbone of research and development in their respective fields.
Level 4 HNCs provide a nationally recognised qualification offering career progression and professional development for those already in employment as well as opportunities for students to progress into Higher Education.
The course will take two years of part-time study to complete. It will provide the knowledge and practical skills relevant to the Mechanical Engineering Industry. This course is awarded by Pearson.
The course will take place at the Main Site at Kendal College and will start in September 2017.
There is an option to complete modules part-time rather than the full qualification.
Generally, you will only get student finance if you’re doing your first higher education qualification. This is true even if your previous course was self-funded.
Whether you qualify for student finance depends on certain criteria, please see www.gov.uk/student-finance and our college ‘Student Money’ pages: www.kendal.ac.uk/studentmoney.
Topics will include the following mandatory modules:
- Analytical Methods for Engineers
- Engineering Science
- Project Design, Implementation and Evaluation
Optional modules will also include:
- Health, Safety and Risk Assessment in Engineering
- Energy Management
- Further Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
- Fluid Mechanics
- Advanced Computer-aided Design Techniques
The units will be assessed by a series of written and practical assignments. There are no formal examinations.
The awarding body for the HNC is Pearson (Edexcel).
How will I be assessed?
Learners who achieve a HNC qualification typically move into supervisory and management roles within a company.
Applicants must be 18 yrs of age or over and have one or more of the following:
- BTEC National Engineering Diploma/Certificate with merit profile (or equivalent)
- An A Level in an analytical subject (Math or Physics).
- L3 Diploma in Electrical Installations. (It is a requirement that students must have studied Maths at L3 and as such some students may have to complete a L3 Maths bridging unit).
- Any appropriate L3 Electrical Qualification would be considered subject to interview.
Students with no formal qualifications but with a wide engineering background may be considered but will have to attend an interview.
Alternatively please feel free to come to Kendal College and talk to our HE co-ordinator based in Student Services at main site next to reception.
How to Apply:
Contact Karen Shaw, Student Services Team Leader, for an application form:
firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 01539 814748.
Tuition fees displayed are payable per year. The fees displayed are for UK and EU students and are reviewed each academic year.
Tuition fee loans are available to all eligible students regardless of household income. The amount you pay back is dependent on how much you earn and not how much you owe and you won’t need to start repayments until you are earning more than £21,000 per year.
Enquire about HNC/HND Mechanical Engineering
Ready to apply for this course? Complete an Enrolment Form today
Also in Engineering
- → Engineering, Level 2 Apprenticeship
- → Engineering, Level 3 Apprenticeship
- → Engineering Science
- → Engineering Technology
- → Engineering Technology