Health & Safety in the Workplace
- Call Student Services on 01539 814700 for information.
- 09:00 - 16:30
Employers are responsible for providing safe and healthy workplace conditions as well as the right systems and methods for safe activities. Nevertheless employees also have a vital part to play in the equation. They need the right knowledge and the right attitude which demands proper training in the basics of health and safety, as well as specific training for individual tasks.
This one-day qualification is designed to ensure that all employees are aware of their own safety and the safety of customers, contractors and the public. It is applicable in any private or public sector environment.
The following topics will be covered:
- Understanding the principles of health and safety and accident prevention
- Ability to contribute to any health and safety management system
- Understand the importance of risk assessment as a technique for accident and ill health prevention
- Understand the responsibilities placed on employers and employees
- Understand the hazard, risk and main causes of harm to workers (manual handling, hazardous substances, exposure to noise and vibration)
- Understand the importance of following systems, procedures and rules
- Understand how individual action can reduce risks to health and safety
- Appreciate how workplace equipment and task design affect health and safety.
You will be assessed by a multiple choice examination paper at the end of the course.
How will I be assessed?
This will be useful for a career as a Health & Safety Officer.
There are no entry requirements.
Students will need to bring photo ID with them to the course.
Please note: If you are an adult student you may be entitled to financial support to cover the cost of your course, dependent on your circumstances. Please contact Student Services on email@example.com for details. More about Student Finance.
Enquire about Health & Safety in the Workplace
Ready to apply for this course? Complete an Enrolment Form today