Furniture Design & Making, Level 3 Diploma
- Call Student Services on 01539 814700 for information.
Focussing on the essential skills in the production of furniture and furnishings, this qualification provides learners with all of the skills in order to gain employment in the furniture or furnishings industry.
Ideal for anyone who is working in, or wants to work, in the furniture, furnishings and wood machining industry.
What will I learn?
Level 3 is ideal if you have several years of experience in the furniture industry and wish to build on existing skills and knowledge in areas such as furniture restoration and research and development.
This qualification comprises of a range of mandatory and optional units, including:
- Sustainability in the timber trade
- Research and product development in furniture making
- Supervision in a furniture and furnishing making environment
- Design work for fitted furniture installation
- Traditional furniture upholstery
- Manufacturing wood-based components using CNC machines
How will I be assessed?
This qualification is assessed by a combination of online multiple choice tests and Centre and marked assignments covering practical skills and underpinning knowledge.
Progression into higher level jobs within the Furniture industry such as Team Leader/Supervisor, or into other functional areas such as design, marketing, sales, planning, procurement, finance or warehouse and distribution.
Broaden and develop skill base by progression into other job roles within the Furniture industry - ‘horizontal progression’.
City & Guilds does not set entry requirements for these qualifications. However, candidates will need to demonstrate the potential and opportunity to successfully achieve the qualification.
All students interested in this course should contact the Programme Leader, Matt Burke, prior to enrolment:
Please note: If you are an adult student you may be entitled to financial support to cover the cost of your course, dependent on your circumstances. Please contact Student Services on email@example.com for details. Fees will be confirmed in the Spring Term. More about Student Finance.
Enquire about Furniture Design & Making, Level 3 Diploma
Also in Construction
- → Construction and the Built Environment, Level 3 Diploma
- → In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (PAT), Level 3 Award
- → Periodic Inspection Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations, Level 3 Award
- → Requirements for Electrical Installation BS7671:June 2008 (2011) (QCF), Level 3 Award
- → Bricklaying, Level 1 Award (Spring Sale)