Food Safety for Catering (CIEH), Level 2 Award
- Call Student Services on 01539 814700 for information.
- 09:00 - 16:30
This course is for anyone working in a catering or hospitality setting where food is prepared, cooked and served. Typical environments may include:
- Contract catering
- Fast-food outlets
- Care and Nursing homes
- Armed Forces
The course aims to raise awareness and understanding of food hygiene issues and will enable staff to fulfil their obligations under food hygiene regulations. It will provide an understanding of current regulations and how to maintain hygiene in food preparation areas.
Kendal College is formally accredited by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health to deliver the Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering programme. The programme leads to the award of the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health Certificate in Food Hygiene for candidates who successfully complete an end of course questionnaire. This course replaces the Basic / Foundation Certificate in Food Hygiene course.
What will I learn?
The following topics will be covered:
- Food safety hazards - including some bacteriology
- Temperature control
- Refrigeration, chilling and cold holding
- Cooking, hot holding and reheating
- Food handling
- Principles of safe food storage
- Food premises and equipment
- Pest control
- Personal hygiene
- Food poisoning / food borne illness
Refreshment of this qualification is recommended at least every three years.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed by a multiple choice exam paper at the end of the course.
Exam papers are available in a variety of languages. To request an exam paper in a language other than English, please notify a member of staff at the time of enrolment.
This qualification is useful for all employed in or hoping to be employed in a hospitality setting.
There are no entry requirements. You will need to bring photographic ID.
Please note: If you are an adult student you may be entitled to financial support to cover the cost of your course, dependent on your circumstances. Please contact Student Services on firstname.lastname@example.org for details. More about Student Finance.
Enquire about Food Safety for Catering (CIEH), Level 2 Award
Also in Hospitality and Catering
- → Food Preparation & Cooking (Patisserie & Confectionery), Level 3 NVQ Diploma
- → Professional Cookery (Preparation and Cooking), NVQ Level 3 Diploma
- → Hospitality Supervision and Leadership, (NVQ) Level 3 Diploma
- → Wine and Spirits, Level 2 Award
- → Cake Decoration