Food Preparation & Cooking (Patisserie & Confectionery), Level 3 NVQ Diploma
- Call Student Services on 01539 814700 for information.
- 14:00 - 21:30
To achieve this qualification you will study a range of units, including:
- Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
- Maintain the health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues
- Prepare, cook and finish advanced dough products
- Prepare, cook and finish advanced pastry products
- Prepare, cook and finish complex cakes, sponges, biscuits and scones
- Prepare, cook and finish complex chocolate products
- Contribute to the development of recipes and menus (optional)
- Prepare, cook and finish sugar work
- Prepare, cook and serve hot and cold desserts
- Prepare, cook and serve sauces, fillings and coatings
What will I learn?
Your learning will be through a combination of workshops, plenary sessions and individual work.
You will develop the skills to produce and present desserts to the highest professional standards in the industry. You will receive the highest levels of creativity in patisserie which will enable you to perform at the top establishments in the UK.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is via theory and practical work and includes:
- Portfolio of Evidence
A portfolio of evidence will be created and maintained. Your tutor will put together an assessment plan with you and agree when, where and how you will be assessed and what sorts of evidence you can collect for your portfolio.
- Continuous assessment of practical work.
There are no formal exams.
When you have successfully completed this course, you could develop your culinary skills further, perhaps to become a specialist chef or move into a management role.
This course is ideal if you’ve worked in a professional kitchen for some time, or have a Level 2 qualification. Your work might involve supervising others. Please do not hesitate to contact the College to discuss this aspect of the programme with the tutor.
This nationally recognised qualification is gained in the workplace so you also need to be currently working in the industry.
All students interested in this course should contact the course tutor, Yannick Lequitte, prior to enrolment:
Please note: If you are an adult student you may be entitled to financial support to cover the cost of your course, dependent on your circumstances. Please contact Student Services on firstname.lastname@example.org for details. More about Student Finance.
Enquire about Food Preparation & Cooking (Patisserie & Confectionery), Level 3 NVQ Diploma
Also in Hospitality and Catering
- → Professional Cookery (Preparation and Cooking), NVQ Level 3 Diploma
- → Hospitality Supervision and Leadership, (NVQ) Level 3 Diploma
- → Wine and Spirits, Level 2 Award
- → Cake Decoration
- → Food Safety for Catering (CIEH), Level 2 Award