Fashion, Clothing, Designing and Making (Spring Sale)
- Call Student Services on 01539 814700 for information.
- 18:00 - 21:00
Over the course students will develop their creative skills.
You’ll study different processes and techniques for designing clothes, looking at different ways to research, record, create and present your work. The idea of the course is to develop a simple garment design with your own original idea, from concept to completion.
Students will be required to research, design, create a basic pattern and make one garment - a top - which will be the starting point of understanding what goes into making clothes and generating original Fashion ideas.
The course is suitable for beginners, it is a short fast-paced introduction and will require a practical hands-on approach.
You will learn a range of fashion design techniques including, fashion drawing and illustration, creative moodboards, research and idea generation, basic pattern cutting, garment construction and sewing skills.
What will I learn?
The following will be covered:
- How to research and generate ideas for fashion design
- A basic understanding of what goes into designing and making clothes
- How to create a basic pattern from a standard block (provided)
- Exploration of techniques to make your garment unique
- How to select appropriate materials
- How to make a sample garment from scratch
- How to apply a variety of sewing and manufacturing skills
- Developing a personal style
How will I be assessed?
You will complete a Level 1 qualification which will involve sketchbook work, design worksheets and annotated practical work.
Courses that you may like to progress onto include:
- Fashion Pattern Cutting for Beginners
- Sewing for Fashion Design, An Introduction
- Saturday Craft Club
- Full time Level 2 or 3 Art and Design
No previous experience is needed.
Training for apprentices is free for all ages. However, if you hold a full Level 4 qualification (or higher) you will not be eligible for apprenticeship funding. Alternative funding options may be available. Please call 01539 814713 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Please note: If you are an adult student you may be entitled to financial support to cover the cost of your course, dependent on your circumstances. Please contact Student Services on email@example.com for details. Fees will be confirmed in the Spring Term. More about Student Finance.