Electrical Installation, Level 2
- Courses starting September. Call 01539 814700 for details.
- Course end date:
- 31 Jul 2018
This course will give you the skills and knowledge to solve practical problems of an electrical nature. Electrical installation is an interesting and popular career, with skilled tradesman in high demand.
The course usually runs over 3 days a week.
Our tutors are highly qualified with relevant industry and teaching experience. The facilities and equipment are representative of what is used in domestic, commercial and industrial settings.
The department usually runs 2 or 3 trips per year. Previous trips have included visits to local electrical wholesalers, electrical firms and providers of specialist equipment.
Kendal College have developed excellent links with local employers - many of whom offer students work experience opportunities. this adds value to the students’ CV and also allows employers to identify student’s potential.
On this programme, students will gain twam work, communication, dexterity and time management skills. You will also gain an awareness of health and safety regulations.
Teaching will be 50/50 between theory or practical lessons. theory is learnt first, followed by practical and then assessment.
All of our learners will be given support with their English and Maths skills where relevant to their main programme. Those students who have not yet achieved a ‘C’ grade at GCSE in these subjects will continue to work towards these important qualifications at a level suited to them.
This course will be part of a wider study programme, which may also include english & maths, work placement and additional studies.
What will I learn?
- Health & Safety in Electrical Installation
- Electrical Installation Theory & Technology
- Electrical Installation Methods, Procedures & Requirements
- Electrical Installation Craft Skills
- Electrical Science & Principles
How will I be assessed?
Assessment usually commences from December. Ongoing assessment through practical work counts towards 75/80% of the overall mark, and the exam counts towards 20/25%.
On completion of the Level 2 qualification you can progress on to the Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installation (Building & Structures) or you could go straight into work and seek employment as an Apprentice / Advanced Apprentice Electrician.
For Level 2 entry you will need four GCSEs at A*-C including Maths.
Please note: If you are an adult student you may be entitled to financial support to cover the cost of your course, dependent on your circumstances. Please contact Student Services on email@example.com for details. Fees will be confirmed in the Spring Term. More about Student Finance.
Apply for Electrical Installation, Level 2
Also in Construction
- → Construction and the Built Environment, Level 3 Diploma
- → Furniture Design & Making, Level 3 Diploma
- → In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (PAT), Level 3 Award
- → Periodic Inspection Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations, Level 3 Award
- → Requirements for Electrical Installation BS7671:June 2008 (2011) (QCF), Level 3 Award