Customer Services, Level 2 Apprenticeship
- Course end date:
- 03 Aug 2019
The BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service (QCF) is for learners who work in, or who want to work in customer service in roles such as Customer Service Advisor, Customer Service Operator, Call Centre Advisor, Help Desk Operative and Service Agent.
It gives learners the opportunity to:
- Develop and demonstrate technical and wider sector-related knowledge to underpin competence. Technical knowledge includes the principles and practices of delivering customer service and understanding the different types of customers, their needs, wants and expectations. Wider sector-related knowledge includes equality and diversity, organisational structure and environment, and legislation and regulations that govern the industry.
- Develop and demonstrate a range of technical skills and behaviours that supports competence. This includes communicating with customers using appropriate communication channels, resolving customer problems and complaints, building relationships with customers, promoting additional products and/or services and the ability to improve own learning and performance.
- Develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning through the development of personal, learning and thinking skills (PLTS).
- Have existing skills recognised.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification.
What will I learn?
Apprenticeships allow you to gain qualifications whilst working.
Within the course you will learn a variety of skills and knowledge including -
- Deliver Customer Service
- Understand Customers
- Principles of Customer Service
- Understand Employer Organisations
- Manage Personal Performance and Development
- Communicate Verbally with Customers
- Deal with Telephone Calls From Customers
- Promote Additional Products and/or Services to Customers
- Process Information about Customers
- Resolve Customer Complaints
- Handling Objections and Closing Sales
Functional Skills in Maths and English would be completed if required. These are the essential and highly valued skills that we use in our everyday lives, both at work and at home, that allow you to contribute more effectively to the business you work in and achieve your full potential.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed by portfolio, some units via exam, and observations in the workplace. You will build a portfolio of evidence relating to your job. Your Tutor and Assessor will continually assess your work; this will ensure that you meet the necessary standards to achieve the Apprenticeship.
Functional skills and the Technical certificate will be assessed via exams.
As part of the apprenticeship framework, reviews are completed every 12 weeks by the assessor where progress is discussed by the apprentice, assessor and employer.
This course provides an excellent introduction to customer service, giving you the skills and knowledge which can link to a variety of industries and job roles, such as reception, sales, call centre staff, office workers, and retail assistants.
Progression is available onto the level 3 apprenticeship in Customer Service.
You must be employed for a minimum of 30 hours a week in the professional area that your Apprenticeship is in.
Looking for Employment? See below for what to do next…
- Email email@example.com for more information.
- Register your details with the National Apprenticeship Matching Service (NAS) and search online for vacancies at www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship
- Check the College’s website page regularly (sometimes employers only want to recruit locally and so they advertise on our website and not the NAS website): www.kendal.ac.uk/apprenticeships/apprentice/
- Make sure your CV is up to date and is relevant to the job industry you are applying to.
- Contact local businesses and see if they have any vacancies available.
Please note: If you are an adult student you may be entitled to financial support to cover the cost of your course, dependent on your circumstances. Please contact Student Services on firstname.lastname@example.org for details. More about Student Finance.