Create a Website for your Business
- Course start date:
- 10 May 2018
- Course end date:
- 05 Jul 2018
- 18:30 - 21:00
The course gives a practical introduction to the software and skills needed to build, and market a personal or business website. All you need is an idea for a website, blog or an addition to an existing website, and some basic computer and internet skills. New material each week will allow you to develop your ideas as the course progresses.
This course will be useful for those employed in marketing, or those intending to support a business, community group or a school (for example) with online content.
There will be taught elements, demonstrations and hands on practical tasks.
This course will involve some personal study outside the class, including research.
What will I learn?
Over the 8 week course, you will cover the following topics:
- Planning - Plan your website with site maps and wireframes.
- Hosting - how to register a domain name, available hosting options, and how it all works together avoiding the technical jargon.
- Creating a template based website - use desktop or browser based software to create your website. Create content pages and customise themes.
- Images for the web - create simple web graphics and manipulate images for use online.
- Brief introduction to HTML and CSS - learn the basics of text markup.
- Search Engine Optimisation - glean some best practice for writing content for the web, and how best to structure your site to improve search engine ranking.
- Social Media - learn about Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn integration with your website and setting up your own email Newsletter.
- Website statistics - examine your website traffic, what to look for, and how to fine-tune your site based on the stats.
How will I be assessed?
The programme is a non assessed training programme. Certification for participation can be provided on request.
This course will develop your web design skills and could lead onto a number of different IT courses and careers.
After completing this course, you may wish to progress onto:
- Introduction to Film Making
- Graphic Design, Level 1 or 2
- Photography, Level 1, 2 or 3
Full-Time Courses (3 days a week):
- Art & Design, Level 2
- Art & Design, Level 3
- Art & Design, Foundation Diploma
- HNC/ D Film & Photography
No formal qualifications are necessary.
Some experience in using creative applications on a computer would help you.
There are no additional course costs, or equipment requirements.
Please note: If you are an adult student you may be entitled to financial support to cover the cost of your course, dependent on your circumstances. Please contact Student Services on email@example.com for details. More about Student Finance.
Enquire about Create a Website for your Business
Ready to apply for this course? Complete an Enrolment Form today
Also in Business
- → Business, Level 3 Apprenticeship
- → Business, Level 2 Apprenticeship
- → Business, Level 2
- → Business, Level 3
- → Accounting, Level 2 Apprenticeship
Also in Art & Design
- → Art and Design - Photography, Foundation Diploma
- → Art and Design, Foundation Diploma
- → Art and Design, Level 2
- → Art and Design, Level 3
- → HNC/ HND in Film & Photography (Full Time)