Craft Club - Coil Pot Making
- Call Student Services on 01539 814700 for information.
- 09:00 - 13:00
This course is designed to introduce you to the technique of coiling which is a method of shaping clay into vessels that has been used for many thousands of years. During the course you will be introduced to materials, tools and equipment and will be given demonstrations and technical support from the tutor. You will then create your own coil pot using the new knowledge and understanding gained during the workshop.
What will I learn?
The course will enable you to develop:
* An understanding of the basic techniques and process used to create a coil pot.
* An understanding of the equipment and tools used in the coiling process.
How will I be assessed?
This course has no formal assessment, although detailed feedback will be given to you as part of the process. You can request a Kendal College certificate of attendance if you would like one upon completion of the programme.
Courses that you may like to progress onto include:
- Face Casting -Saturday Craft Club
- Felt Making - Saturday Craft Club
- Iron Work Sculpture - Saturday Craft Club
- Paper Cutting / Decoupage - Saturday Craft Club
- Print Making - Saturday Craft Club
- Full time Level 2 or 3 Art and Design
No previous experience is needed.
Enquire about Craft Club - Coil Pot Making
Also in Art & Design
- → Illustration, An Introduction (Traditional & Digital) - So you want to draw?
- → Jewellery Making for Beginners
- → Learn Acrylic Painting
- → Learn Watercolour Painting
- → Life Drawing Next Steps