- Call Student Services on 01539 814700 for information.
- 16:30 - 19:30
The course aims to provide an opportunity for students to explore counselling theory, acquire basic counselling skills and develop reflective skills on their use of basic counselling skills. The course is intended for people wishing to further their counselling training and personal development and people wishing to develop/enhance the use of counselling skills in present work roles.
Learners must complete all 5 mandatory units to achieve 40 credits.
The Units are:
- Developing Counselling Skills
- Theoretical approaches in the use of counselling skills
- Counselling skills and diversity
- Working ethically with counselling skills
- Counselling skills and personal development
All units within this qualification are internally assessed. The qualifications are criterion referenced based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes. A learning log will be produced and a variety of assignment tasks will be set by your tutor to guide you through the qualification.
How will I be assessed?
- Enhancement of interpersonal skills within current occupational role, pre requisite for further counselling training.
- Progression to foundation degree in Counselling.
- Progression to FdSc in Counselling is dependent upon successful completion of level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills, the outcome of an interview process and suitable references.
Candidates need to have successfully completed a level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills and you may be asked to gain a reference from their tutor on that course.
All students interested in this course should contact the course tutor, Jamie McDowell, prior to enrolment:
Please note: If you are an adult student you may be entitled to financial support to cover the cost of your course, dependent on your circumstances. Please contact Student Services on firstname.lastname@example.org for details. More about Student Finance.
Enquire about Counselling Skills
Ready to apply for this course? Complete an Enrolment Form today