Construction - Wood Occupations, Level 3 Apprenticeship
Apprenticeships allow you to gain qualifications whilst working - you will normally study one day per week in college and spend the rest of the week at work, usually at least 30 hours per week.
The Level 3 Diploma in Bench Joinery has been designed to:
- further develop the skills and knowledge of people, enabling them to work at an advanced level in the industry in their chosen craft.
- prepare learners to take higher-level qualifications to enable them to qualify as team leaders and managers within the construction industry.
What will I learn?
You will cover the following:
- Analysing technical information, quantities and communication with others
- Analysing the construction industry and built environment
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
- Manufacture shaped joinery products
- Set and mark out for shaped joinery products
- Set up and operate woodworking machinery to create curved work
How will I be assessed?
The assessment methods used for the qualification will be marking of practical brickwork models and online examinations.
As part of the apprenticeship framework, reviews are completed every 12 weeks by the assessor where progress is discussed by the apprentice, assessor and employer.
This Level 3 Diploma in Bench Joinery will enable and/or prepare the learner to progress in their chosen trade.
You could progress on an employer led supervisory or management programme, incorporating NVQs at a higher level.
5 GCSEs A to C or a Level 2 in the specialist area are desirable. There are no formal entry requirements (i.e. qualifications a learner must have achieved) to take this qualification. This qualification is accredited on the QCF for learners aged 16-18 and 19+. Approved Centres must ensure learners are fully aware of the minimum age requirements of this qualification.
You must be employed for a minimum of 30 hours a week in the professional area that your Apprenticeship is in (if you are looking for employment see below for information).
Looking for employment?
- Apply for this apprenticeship. We can then support you to find employment and prepare your job application.
- Register your details with the National Apprenticeship Matching Service (NAS) and search online for vacancies at
- Check the College’s website page regularly (sometimes employers only want to recruit locally and so they advertise on our website and not on NAS website): www.kendal.ac.uk/apprenticeships/apprentice/
- Make sure your CV is up to date and is relevant to the job industry you are applying to.
Apply for Construction - Wood Occupations, Level 3 Apprenticeship
Also in Construction
- → Bench Joinery (Construction), Level 2
- → Bench Joinery (Construction), Level 3
- → Carpentry and Joinery (Construction), Level 1
- → Site Carpentry (Construction), Level 2
- → Site Carpentry (Construction), Level 3