Construction and the Built Environment, Level 3 Diploma
- Call Student Services on 01539 814700 for information.
This qualification is for people thinking about a career in Building Services Engineering / Civil Engineering. It gives learners the knowledge, understanding and skills that they need to prepare for employment. This qualification also provides career development opportunities for those who are already in work, and through articulation to higher education, degree and professional development programmes.
What will I learn?
The Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment consists of six mandatory units plus optional units to produce a combined total of 120 credits for the completed qualification. These include:
- Health, Safety and Welfare in Construction and the Built Environment
- Sustainable Construction
- Mathematics in Construction and the Built Environment
- Science and Materials in Construction and the Built Environment
- Construction Technology and Design in Construction and Civil Engineering
- Building Technology in Construction
How will I be assessed?
All assessment for this qualification is criterion referenced, based on the achievement of specified learning outcomes. Each unit within the qualification has specified assessment and grading criteria which are to be used for grading purposes. A summative unit grade can be awarded at pass, merit or distinction.
Specialist area of employment
- Higher education, foundation degree or HND
- Extend the specialist nature of the subjects you have studied
- Professional development programme
A background in or knowledge of the construction industry would be advantageous along with craft or professional qualifications in construction at level 2 or above.
All students interested in this course should contact Nigel Ingram, prior to enrolment:
Please note: If you are an adult student you may be entitled to financial support to cover the cost of your course, dependent on your circumstances. Please contact Student Services on email@example.com for details. More about Student Finance.
Also in Construction
- → Bench Joinery (Construction), Level 2
- → Bench Joinery (Construction), Level 3
- → Carpentry and Joinery (Construction), Level 1
- → Site Carpentry (Construction), Level 2
- → Site Carpentry (Construction), Level 3