Cleaning, Supervision & Skills Apprenticeship, Level 3 Apprenticeship
- Course end date:
- 30 Jul 2018
The Cleaning Apprenticeship is a 12 - 18 month programme.
The course is for learners who work full time / part time within the Cleaning / Domestic services industry, as Supervisor / Team Leader or Relief duties, covering a wide variety of workplaces e.g. Schools, Offices, Hospitals, Care Sector and Leisure Centres.
It is a competency based qualification and is delivered within the workplace.
The Diploma has mandatory units including:
- Supervise Cleaning staff
- Risk Assessment planning
- Equality and Diversity
There are a choice of optional units covering the learners specific job role including:
- Control of resources
- Training of Staff
- Risks in Infection Control areas
- Resolving conflict in the workplace
- Recycling / Waste management
Part two of the framework includes Functional Skills in English and Maths Level 2 (Previous qualification in English and Maths can form exemptions for the functional skills).
What will I learn?
Skills and knowledge will be delivered in the following areas:
- Health Safety and Security required in workplace
- Monitor and develop staff
- Effective working relationship and Teamwork
- Training requirements of staff / supporting team members.
- Control of resources, ordering and storage.
- Developing risk assessments
- Encourage recycling in workplace
How will I be assessed?
The main Diploma is a competency based qualification. The learner will build a portfolio to prove competency and will be assessed in the workplace using a variety of different methods; direct observation, questions & answers, projects, witness statements, candidate narratives.
The Functional Skills in English will be assessed by two written exams and two oral exams, finally the Maths will be assessed by exam.
As part of the apprenticeship framework, reviews are completed every 12 weeks by the Assessor where progress is discussed by the learner, assessor and employer.
This apprenticeship will give you:
- A recognised qualification for your CV
- Enhanced skills and knowledge which could lead to a Supervisory position.
This could lead onto further stages in a career within the Cleaning and Facilities Industry.
You should be employed for a minimum of 30 hours per week in the workplace.
Looking for employment?
- Apply for this apprenticeship. We can then support you to find employment and prepare your job application.
- Register your details with the National Apprenticeship Matching Service (NAS) and search online for vacancies at www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship
- Check the College’s website page regularly (sometimes employers only want to recruit locally and so they advertise on our website and not the NAS website): www.kendal.ac.uk/apprenticeships/apprentice/
- Make sure your CV is up to date and is relevant to the job industry you are applying to.
Please note: If you are an adult student you may be entitled to financial support to cover the cost of your course, dependent on your circumstances. Please contact Student Services on email@example.com for details. More about Student Finance.
Apply for Cleaning, Supervision & Skills Apprenticeship, Level 3 Apprenticeship
Also in Hospitality and Catering
- → Food Preparation & Cooking (Patisserie & Confectionery), Level 3 NVQ Diploma
- → Professional Cookery (Preparation and Cooking), NVQ Level 3 Diploma
- → Hospitality Supervision and Leadership, (NVQ) Level 3 Diploma
- → Wine and Spirits, Level 2 Award
- → Cake Decoration