Barbering, Level 3 Diploma
- Call Student Services on 01539 814700 for information.
- 15:00 - 21:00
This is a vocational based qualification; you will study both the practical and theory side of barbering. It will provide you with a wide range of skills such as:
- Cutting men’s hair
- Cutting facial hair
- Colouring hair
- Perming hair
- Promoting products
- Creating patterns in the hair
- Salon reception
Your practical skills will be supported by underpinning knowledge; this will be conducted by assignments and research workshops.
This provides you with a great opportunity to build portfolios of evidence for progression in your future career and on to a higher level of qualification.
You will also be encouraged and required to develop your interpersonal skills and work as part of a team. If you are creative, like working with people and have lots of ambition, barbering could be your pathway to success. Never has there been so many exciting possibilities at the cutting edge of the fashion, style and grooming industry.
What will I learn?
On this Level 3 Diploma qualification you will learn a wide range of different skills within each of the following units:
- Monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the salon
- Consultation support for colleagues on hair services
- Cut men’s hair to create a variety of looks
- Cut facial hair to create a variety of looks
- Colour hair to create a variety of looks
- Creative hairdressing design skills
- Perm hair to create a variety of looks
- Promote and sell products and services to clients
- Design and create patterns in the hair
- Salon reception
- Colour and lighten men’s hair;- creating up to date fashionable styles, with free hand colouring techniques, slicing and block colours
- Fulfil salon reception duties
How will I be assessed?
Assessments are carried out over the course of the study programme and will include:
- Written assignments for each unit
- Observations of practical assessments
- Building up your own personal portfolio
- Oral questions
The qualification and the experience you gain on this course will help you to progress into a rapidly growing hairdressing and barbering industry and onto a higher level of qualification (e.g. Level 4 Salon Management).
For this Level 3 qualification you will need a Level 2 qualification in Hairdressing or Barbering.
You will need to provide us with relevant records of your achievements and qualifications.
You will need to be able to commit to the course and be able to work with others as part of a team and communicate with both clients and colleagues within a practical salon environment.
You will also need to have a minimum of two day’s work experience a week.
All students interested in this course should contact the course tutor prior to enrolment:
Course Tutor: Denise Thompson
Please note: If you are an adult student you may be entitled to financial support to cover the cost of your course, dependent on your circumstances. Please contact Student Services on firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Fees will be confirmed in the Spring Term. More about Student Finance.
Enquire about Barbering, Level 3 Diploma
Also in Hairdressing, Beauty and Integrated Therapies
- → Barbering, Level 2 Certificate
- → Barbering, Level 2 NVQ Diploma
- → Hairdressing, Level 2 Certificate
- → Hairdressing, Level 2 NVQ
- → Introduction to Bridal Hair