Call Student Services on 01539 814700 for information.
This qualification is for people that are currently undertaking or wish to undertake assessment of a learner’s competence in a work environment.
You will have to complete all three of these Level 3 units to get your qualification:
- Unit 301 Understanding the principles and practices of assessment - 3 credits
- Unit 302 Assess occupational competence in the work environment - 6 credits
- Unit 303 Assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding - 6 credits
The duration of this course is 6-12 months. Delivery will be through a combination of group delivery and 1:1 tutorials. Candidates will be required to compile a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate competence. Candidates will be assessed at work.
Assess occupational competence in the work environment:
- Be able to plan the assessment of occupational competence
- Be able to make assessment decisions about occupational competence
- Be able to provide required information following the assessment of occupational competence
- Be able to maintain legal and good practice requirements when assessing occupational competence
Understanding the principles and practices of assessment:
- Understand the principles and requirements of assessment
- Understand different types of assessment method
- Understand how to plan assessment
- Understand how to involve learners and others in assessment
- Understand how to make assessment decisions
- Understand quality assurance of the assessment process
- Understand how to manage information relating to assessment
- Understand the legal and good practice requirements in relation to assessment
Assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding:
- Be able to prepare assessments of vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
- Be able to carry out assessments of vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
- Be able to provide required information following the assessment of vocational skills, knowledge and understanding- Be able to maintain legal and good practice requirements when assessing vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
This qualification is internally assessed. This Certificate is ideal if you are a practitioner who assesses the achievement of competence in a work environment using the following assessment methods: ? Observation, Examining work products, oral questioning and discussion, Use of others (e.g. witnesses), Learner statements ? Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Applications must be at least 19 years old and have gained the relevant vocational qualification in the area that they will be assessing and/or have demonstrated occupational competence acceptable to your internal quality assurer.
Applicants need to be able to access a minimum of 2 students and to carry out assessment of their competence. If this is with an organisation other than your own you need to get permission for this to take place and to have your work assessed and verified through that organisation, you will also need to have a mentor in place to support you.
If you require Kendal College to provide learners (minimum of 2) for you to assess whilst doing your qualification please identify this on the pre-registration questionnaire. You need to attend standardisation meetings and generally comply with both internal and external quality assurance procedures.
All students interested in this course should contact the course tutor, Kirsty Reid, prior to enrolment:
Please note: If you are an adult student you may be entitled to financial support to cover the cost of your course, dependent on your circumstances. Please contact Student Services on firstname.lastname@example.org for details. More about Student Finance.