Over the last 12 months, around 800 apprentices have made the decision to study with Kendal College, where there is a wide range of more than 32 apprenticeship programmes on offer starting at Level 2 right up to degree level. Choose to kick-start tyour career in anything from Construction and Engineering to Business Administration, IT or Health and Social Care to name just a few. Our apprentices are guaranteed that, throughout their apprenticeship programme, constant support is provided from Kendal College’s experienced, professional teaching staff as well as from the employer in the workplace.
The learning environment
Our highly skilled tutors – all with industry experience - are proficient in helping apprentices and their employers, backed up with the best technology, software and equipment for apprentices to access and benefit from.
The College has recently invested heavily in new facilities including a state-of-the-art brand new Engineering & Science Centre and work is currently underway on a £3.3 million development of our Arts and Media Campus, which will see some exciting new facilities introduced before the end of 2016.
As the only College in North Lancashire and Cumbria to be rated Outstanding by Ofsted, choosing to study an apprenticeship at Kendal College is a positive, proactive decision and one that offers the highest quality learning environment with industry-standard facilities to help boost long-term career prospects.
Key facts about Apprenticeships:
- As well as coming in all shapes and sizes, apprenticeships are also open to people of all ages; from 16 year old school leavers to working age professionals who might be considering a career change.Apprenticeships allow you to gain qualifications whilst working. You will normally study one day per week in college and the rest of the week developing your skills in the workplace.
- 83% of apprentices nationwide said their career prospects had improved upon completing their Apprenticeship
- After finishing, 90% of Apprentices will stay in employment
- A quarter of former apprentices had received a promotion (23%) within 12 months of finishing.
How long will an Apprenticeship take to complete?
An Apprenticeship takes one to two years to complete.
What does an Apprenticeship involve?
- You should normally employ an apprentice for a minimum of 30 hours per week with training in both the work place and at college - you can either hire a new employee as an apprentice or start an existing employee on an apprenticeship in a new job role
- Your apprentices may attend college on a regular basis, usually weekly, with some courses requiring attendance at college for a full day. Alternatively, they may complete all of their study in the workplace.
- Apprentices will work towards a National Vocational Qualification, English and maths skills and Technical Certificates (where applicable)
- Apprentices may also have the opportunity to gain additional qualifications relevant to their employment
- Apprentices receive regular monitoring, support and assessment throughout your programme of learning
Key benefits of an Apprenticeship?
- Earn a salary
- Get paid holidays
- Receive training
- Gain qualifications
- Learn job-specific skills
What levels of Apprenticeship are available?
There are three types of Apprenticeship you can apply for depending on your current skills and qualifications:
- Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)
- Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)
- Higher Apprenticeship (Level 4 or above)
What Apprenticeships are currently offerred with Kendal College?
To see what Apprenticeships are currently on offer, please click HERE
How do I apply?
If you would like to apply for an apprenticeship, please fully complete the application form in the course guide or alternatively you can apply on the website HERE
Looking for an employer for an Apprenticeship?
You can still apply to College for an apprenticeship even though you haven’t yet secured employment. We can meet with you and support you to write a winning application!
Please click HERE to download our Apprenticeship Guide
Aready secured employment?
If you have already secured employment, please fully complete the application form and one of our experienced work-based Assessors will be in touch with you to discuss the next steps.
- In Apprenticeships
- Browse Apprenticeships
- Apprenticeship Job Vacancies
- Apply for an Apprenticeship
- About Apprenticeships
- Benefits of an Apprenticeship
- Download our Apprenticeships Guide
- Higher Level Apprenticeships
- Information for Employers
- Open Days & Events
- Contact us