We have achieved numerous accolades in recent years, including: Being judged Outstanding by Ofsted in January 2011 LSIS Beacon Status for excellence and innovation Matrix Award for Advice and Guidance IQER Confidence Rating for our Higher Education Training Quality Standard (TQS) for our work with employers
Our excellent reputation as one of the UK’s leading Colleges is supported by a list of accolades and reports from national organisations including Ofsted, LSIS Beacon and the Hifger Education Quality Assurance Agency.
Kendal College Ofsted Report
Ofsted is the Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services and Skills. An independent, impartial agency that reports directly to Parliament, they inspect and regulate services that care for children and young people, and those providing education and skills for students of all ages. Every week, they carry out hundreds of inspections and regulatory visits throughout England.
Kendal College are delighted to have been recognised by Ofsted as an OUTSTANDING College at our most recent inspection in 2010.
Beacon status provides public recognition of the excellence and innovation that exists within the further education system. It celebrates outstanding delivery in the further education sector from a range of learning and skills providers across England.
Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education
We are regularly reviewed by the national Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education to ensure that our academic standards & quality meet UK expectations. The role of the QAA is to safeguard quality and standards in UK Colleges and Universities, to ensure that students have the best possible learning experience. They offer advice, guidance and support to help educational institutions provide the best possible student experience and conduct regular reviews of institutions.
Our recent review in 2015 highlighted some key strengths, including:
- Extensive level of employer engagement
- A robust and inclusive support for applicants with additional needs
- Thorough and versatile provision of student support
- Comprehensive and frequent monitoring and evaluation of programmes and resources
- Commitment to course programme development
- In About us
- College culture
- Frequently asked questions
- Which course would suit me?
- Our guide to qualifications
- 19+ Advanced Learner Loans
- Student Money
- College Developments
- College Policies & Procedures
- News & Events
- Jobs at the College
- Invest & Explore South Lakeland
- Official Endorsements
- Open Days & Events
- Our Facilities
- School Partnerships
- The Castle Dairy Restaurant & Apprenticeship Academy
- The Restaurant at Kendal College
- The Retreat Hair & Beauty Salon
- Venue & Conference Room Hire
- Contact us