Equality & Diversity
Kendal College is committed to equal opportunities in employment and learning regardless of a person’s gender, marital status, race or colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, HIV status, age, disability, sexual orientation, political or religious beliefs, and unrelated criminal convictions, or other specific factors which could result in discrimination.
We are committed to the ethos of a disability-friendly college.
We will ensure that all reasonable adjustments are made to provide an assurance that disabled people are treated fairly.
Equality Objectives 2016-2020
- Increase apprenticeship recruitment of students with declared disabilities by 10 of the next 4 years
- Reduce the achievement gap to 10% between those with a disclosed mental health disability and those without
- Increase the number of apprentices from a minority ethnic backgroup by 5%
- Improve the achievement rates for students from African Caribbean or Black Caribbean backgrounds to a minumum of 70%
- Maintain the maximum gap of 5% in success rates between male and female students year on year
This website is designed to be fully accessible. If you have any comments or queries, or would like any information supplied in alternative formats such as braille or tape, please do not hesitate to contact us using the link at the top of the page. For more information about how we support disabled learners contact Kendal College on 01539 814700.
The College monitors data in respect of learners and staff on a termly basis and has these 5 key objectives for improvement. Measures are linked to each of the key objectives.
For more information see the Kendal College’s 2015/16 Equality Report and Equality Policy
- In About us
- College Culture
- Frequently Asked Questions
- News & Events
- Open Evenings & Guidance Days
- Our Facilities
- Venue & Conference Room Hire
- Jobs at the College
- Invest & Explore South Lakeland
- College Policies & Procedures
- Official Endorsements